1

what makes one a writer?

Posted by Monique on 10:57 PM in
I have often wondered what exactly makes someone a writer. I mean what gives you the someone the right to call themselves a writer.

Must you have a short story published in order to call yourself a writer?

Or perhaps you must have some sort of writing degree to call yourself a writer.

Perhaps you can call yourself a writer if you have written your the rough draft for your first novel.

I used to believe that if you accomplished any one of these things then you had every right to call yourself a writer. Thus, since I have not accomplished any one of these things I never felt I had the right to the call myself a writer. But all that has changed. I believe that if you can write a good piece that makes sense and that people can appreciate, then by all means, call yourself a writer.

And so, hello there. My name is Monique and I am writer.

1 Comments


Okay, I'm really digging your design, Monique. You carry out the old-school desktop theme throughout, from the title of your blog to the image and font choices. Please don't forget to add your author bio! Also send out an email to your classmates to remind them to follow your blog. DC

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates